September 28, 2014

click for a free consultation

A Look at Indiana's Relocation Statute

Relocation of a Custodial Parent  – If you’re a custodial parent thinking about moving, you need to be aware of the Notice of Intent to Relocate statute under I.C. 31-17-2.2, which lays out specific requirements that a parent must follow in order to relocate.  Anyone who is subject to a custody order, parenting time order, grandparent visitation order, or child support order must file a notice with the court of their intent to relocate. Under…

Read More